Akeydor Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to tell you how we use and protect your personal information. This is includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we may use, process and store your personal information. We may get that information from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us or our partners on behalf of us, in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from you with your permission and consent, or we may receive your personal information from third parties who you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data in the UK are:
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
Who is Akeydor Limited
This is Akeydor Limited registered address, company number and contact information:
40 Gracechurch St.
Company Registration Number: 07978741
Phone: +30 6930 570 675
Akeydor’s website: http://www.akeydor.com
Information we may collect from you
Akeydor Limited may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail
- Participating in our member communities
- Applying for a job at Akeydor Limited
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying goods or services from us, or when you are taking a job at Akeydor Limited.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our websites, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information
- IP addresses
- Information about what type of device you use to connect to our website
- Your URL
- What parts of our websites you click on and how long you look at our websites
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners instructed to collect information on our behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
Why does Akeydor Limited collect personal information?
Akeydor Limited collects information for the some or all of following reasons:
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are already an existing Akeydor customer
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To employ you or consider you for employment
- To provide goods or services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it
What legal basis does Akeydor Limited have for processing my information?
Akeydor may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us
- We must provide services to you because you have taken one of our qualifications
- To comply with the law
All of these reasons are reasons Akeydor Limited may legally process the information we have about you.
Who might Akeydor Limited share your information with?
Akeydor may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Our group companies, which means our subsidiaries, or our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract that we hold with them or that we hold with you
- With third parties because you have given consent
- With third parties who provide shipping or publishing services because you have purchased goods or services
Akeydor Limited works with service providers and suppliers to better deliver our products and services, and to assist Akeydor with marketing and communication initiatives. These providers and suppliers include, for example, local resellers. The information provided by you is kept confidential and never shared with third parties except when necessary to fulfill requests for further information, technical support or free trial software, in which case your details may be forwarded to local Akeydor representatives. Suppliers and service providers are required to keep confidential the information received on behalf of Akeydor and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Akeydor.
Other reasons Akeydor Limited may share your personal information with a third party
If Akeydor Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by Akeydor about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, Akeydor will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If Akeydor must comply with a legal obligation
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Akeydor Limited, our customers or others
- We will exchange information with other companies or organizations to prevent fraud or to reduce our credit risks
Aggregated or anonymized data with personal information removed
Akeydor may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated or anonymized.
This means that your personal information that could be used to identify you have been removed from the data. Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data; however, you do keep your right to object.
Where we store your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we do transfer your personal data outside the EEA it will be because you have consented or because we have a legal reason to do so.
Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside of the EEA include:
- Order fulfilment
- Payment processing
- Technical support services.
If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all other data protection principles
- Where possible, be to a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use best practice to ensure your data is encrypted to the standard required in the GDPR to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
How long will you keep my personal information?
Akeydor will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, we can provide you a copy. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I chose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and Akeydor, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if you do not give us your personal information.
Akeydor Limited will respect your legal rights to your data.
Below are the rights that you have under law, and what Akeydor does to protect those rights:
|Legal right||What Akeydor does to protect your rights|
|The right to be informed||Akeydor is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.|
|The right to access||You have the right to access your information. Please contact Akeydor’s Data Controller at email@example.com if you wish to access the personal information Akeydor Limited holds about you.|
|The right to rectification||If the information Akeydor holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact our Data Controller if you need us to rectify your information: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to erasure||This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want Akeydor to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact our Data Controller: email@example.com|
|The right to restrict processing||You have the right to ask Akeydor to restrict how we process your data. This means We are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict processing of your data, please contact our Data Controller: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to data portability||Akeydor must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. Please contact our Data Controller if you want information how to port your data elsewhere. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as the Data Controller. The data must be held by Us by consent or for the performance of a contract.|
|The right to object||You have the right to object to Akeydor processing your data even if it is based on Our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless of statistics. If you wish to object please contact our Data Controller: email@example.com|
|The right to withdraw consent||If you have given Us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and Akeydor must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Controller: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority||You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that Akeydor has not responded to your requests to solve a problem. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/|
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, our websites may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Akeydor does not believe its website or marketing content is appealing to children, nor is it directed at children under 13. Akeydor does not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 13, and strives to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent of a child under 13, we will seek your consent if you wish your child to access Akeydor content.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Akeydor may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.